Curb Colour Palette |
Curb durability & strength
We understand how important it is that your curb lasts. Here are the 5 key things we do to ensure longevity and prevent cracking:
1) Our unique CurbCabling system - As the curb is exctruded, we run 1/8" braided and galvanized wire cabling into the centre. Although it may not look like much, it actually helps a great deal in the prevention of hairline cracking and separation.
2) We use a sand/cement ratio of 3:1, a stronger mix than the industry standard 4:1.
3) We cut expansion joints 40% down into the curb every 1.5 to 2 linear feet. This helps to give the concrete breathing room, and to direct any pressure cracking into the joints.
4) The Cement Shop adds fibre-mesh into the mix to help glom the sand and cement together.
5) We top it all off with a powerful cure-and-seal top coat to protect against fading and water damage.
Click on each photo to enlarge.
[Back To Top]
Please be advised that the colour palette appears lighter than actual curb colours due to the limitations
of the on-screen display process and the difference in sand colouring depending on geography.
To ensure you select the best colour for your curbing installation, The Cement Shop Curbing Company
will bring actual samples to your consultation. We can also add antique release agents
to the surface of your curb in one of four shades (grey, charcoal, brown or walnut)
for added dimension and to better reflect the true appearance of natural stone, slate or brick.
[Back To Top]